Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuscan Bean Soup

Major changes have been made in my household as of late. Sick of feeling sluggish and bogged down by the food we eat, Hubby and I have ventured into the land of Good Food. Organic, gluten-free, no GMO's, and no High Fructose Corn Syrup are just some of the avenues we've been traveling down. And let me tell ya'! It's been a great journey so far.
Well except for last night. I made, from scratch, Tuscan Bean Soup. Nothing but goodness in it....oh well....goodness and spinach. Although Hubby expressed strong focus to eating right and trying
things he didn't like, when push came to shove, he chickened out opted to eat something else. Something less....spinachey (word?!? I'm going with it.) Silly Hubby! ;-)
Disappointed but not deterred, I instead invited Mom over for lunch today. I thought she would enjoy the meal plus I needed a guinea pig. :-D The menu consisted of:
*Tuscan Bean Soup
*Grilled cheese sandwiches with a twist = I used gluten-free white rice bread, mozzerella, and red onion slices. This was the first time I tried using gluten-free bread. The consistency is definitely different....um...firmer and maybe slightly more dry than your typical bread but overall it's delish!
*Fruit = strawberries & kiwi's...seriously, you can't go wrong with that fruit combo! So good!
The meal was a major success! Super filling but afterwards we had tons of energy and did not feel heavy after eating. Do you know what I mean by heavy? Like the Titanic was served to you and you ate every bit of it + dessert. Yeah, no Titanic feast here. Just good and good for you food! The recipe is not my own, although I wish it was. I found this great recipe at http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/. This site is amazing and has been a huge help to me!


A lovely half eaten sandwich....what? It was really good. I coudn't help myself. ;-)

May not look scrumptious but believe me! It's yummo to the max!....do I really talk like this? Note to self: Find less cutesy, descriptive words.
I encourage you to check out Kitchen Stewardship and to try this delicious recipe! You and your body will be glad you did!

Have you tried any new recipes lately? Let me know! I'd love to try it out too! Have a terrific Tuesday! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Looks soooooo good!!! I think you should make this for game night : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might just do that....speaking of which, let's break out our calendars! :-)

    ReplyDelete