Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Enchilada Pie

Ok, so tonight I made an enchilada pie. I went by a recipe from e-mealz.com. Overall, it was good. Eric was practically in love with it. Me? I was only in like with it. It was missing something but I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm going to post this recipe and encourage you to try it. Let me know how it went in your own household and if you can think of any adjustments that might kick it up a notch. OR if by just reading the recipe you can see something I can't PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Like I said, it was good but it just needs to be better. So here is the recipe. Ideas and suggestions are encouraged and greatly appreciated!

Enchilada Pie
serves 2-4 people

1 lb. ground beef
14 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkt. taco seasoning mix
1/2 small chopped onion
1/2 can black olives, drained and sliced
4-6 medium flour tortillas
8 oz/ cheddar or Mexican blend cheeses

Brown beef and drain. Combine tomatoes, seasonings, onion, olives, and meat. In pie plate, layer sauce, tortilla, sauce, and cheese (3 to 6 times.) End with cheese on top. Cook at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, uncovered. Edges will brown and crisp.

*I added some paprika and garlic powder to the meat and it seemed to help a little. Try it out and let me know what you think! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment