It's been a while and I could give you a million reaons why but really all I can say is that it's been a year. A year full of so much awesome goodness but, especially towards the end, a year of....heartache....nah....um....let's see....a year of.....confusion....no, still not good....a year of....faith building? Yeah, that's it. Hit the nail on the head with that one. FAITH BUILDING. I have learned so much. To name a few....
* Life is precious. I seem to be reminded of this more and more with each passing year. Maybe it's the whole getting older thing? Maybe it's experiencing the loss of loved ones or seeing my friends losing those so sweet to them? Maybe it's being faced with the possibility of losing those closest to me? Whatever the reason, it's a bittersweet lesson to learn. Remember to take it in and to truly love as God would have us to love.
* Family is so important. They are our history yet also our future.
* Friends are wonderful blessings of the Lord. Mine happen to be extra special blessings.
* Not everyone is a friend...some might even be enemies.
* Marriage is a beautiful yet delicate thing. It needs to be treasured and protected.
* No one is exempt from disease. Sickness can creep into the life of anyone.
* I have so much to be thankful for in my life.
* Because I have one life, I need to live it right because I don't get a second chance.
I could list a million things that I have learned, really, but here's the most important....GOD IS GOOD. Yes, I knew that before so I suppose I didn't learn it but I sure was reminded of it. He showed me His goodness and faithfulness in so many interesting ways this year and at really unexpected times from even more unexpected resources. Although unexpected, the comfort and love He showed to me at those times was exactly what I needed. That just shows how much He loves and knows His children. What a Faithful Friend!