Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The "C" Word

The "C" word is not a very long one. The word itself is not comlicated to pronounce. With those two facts alone, it should be a simple word. But when one hears the "c" word, things can change in an instant. The word may not be long but the list of worries that goes with it is. It may not complicated to pronounce but it is gut-wrenching to say. The "c" word is most certainly not simple.

Yesterday, I found out that my dad has cancer. From the moment those words left my mother's lips, I have felt like I was truly in a bad dream. None of it could possibly be real. Over and over in my mind I say, "Dad has cancer...." but I can hardly wrap my mind around that and can't even say it out loud. Even now, although stinging tears are rolling down my cheeks, there is a part of me that is in complete shock. I could list all of my worries and concerns for you but instead let me list another "C" word (or rather a name) that moves me more than "cancer" does.

                                                                CHRIST

Although the hearts of my family and I are shaken (and yes, scared), I am so grateful for Christ who is blessing us with unimaginable comfort. Amid the fear and heartache, there is peace. A peace that passes all understanding. A hope that allows us to rest in a Father who is also the Great Physician. A certainty that this did not take Christ by surprise but is rather a part of His divine plan. The scriptures and songs that are flooding my heart are overwhelming. I'm so grateful for that! Just another way that God shows His love for His children. Yes, the "c" word is terrifying but Christ and His love is so much more powerful.

Enjoying this song because it's putting my heart into praise mode where is exactly I need to be in a time like this!


John 14:27:

"27.Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."




1 comment:

  1. Juan and I are praying for you and your family. Give them our love, and give your mom an across the room hug for me. Love you, friend

    ReplyDelete