Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Playing Dress Up

For ladies, I don't think playing dress up ever really stops. It just evolves in each stage of life. In the younger years, for example, I would take almost every article of clothing I or my mom had and combine it with everything else I had then I'd enter my imaginative world and act out the character I felt I had best represented. I'd pretend I was anything from a princess to a spy to, believe it or not, a lumber jack! hahaha (such a weirdo!) Thankfully, I had a willing brother who was eager to go along with that idea! We'd haul the wood we had "cut" around in our little red wagon and after a "long day at work", we'd come in from "the mill" (or whatever lumber jack's work in), and warm up by drinking some hot "coffee" (a.k.a. hot chocolate) all the while sporting whatever plaid patterns I could get my hands on! Even then I was very detailed. But I digress...
Then, when the awkward stage came in full swing (felt like an eternity...sometimes I wonder if I'm still in that stage), I was just trying to look like everyone else. Still a form of playing dress up but kind of for the wrong reasons.
And finally, I am at the stage of my life where I "play dress up" for all the right reasons. I love clothes and I especially love when I feel I have pulled together that perfect look! Nothing better, right? Being able to express my personality through my style makes me feel invigorated and like I have an easy creative outlet. Sometimes, though, my creative bug is also a diva and wants to buy all of the latest and greatest (and usuallymost expensive) clothes. Hubby is there to squash the diva-tude. What a dear! Sooooooo how do I get my fix? How do I get those creative juices flowing?
Ladies, what if I told you I found the world's biggest and best closet? One with endless possibilities and an endless budget? One where you don't have to spend a penny? Follow me to the land of Polyvore....
Polyvore.com is truly my latest obsession and I have been on there almost every night this week. I found it on the wonderful site Pinterest.com (don't even get me started on that site! Pinterest = love) and have been hooked ever since. Basically, it is a site where you can create outfits and post them to sites such as Pinterest. it's great because you can create whatever look you want and never have to shell out the cash! Sure, I don't actually get to own the outfits but seeing them put together is gratifying enough. They have items listed from Target to Chanel! Oh the Chanel! This wonderful site is like playing dress up for adults! Here are a just a few of the ensembles I've created thus far....












This site is bah-nana's (in the words of Rachel Zoe)! If you need a creative outlet via fashion, this is the place! It's even helped me get more in focus of what my style is, what I want it to be, and how to get there....well the cheaper version of "there."  So go check it out, tell me what you think, and show me those fab outfits you've designed!! Have a great day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment