Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

White Chicken Pizza

I'm so excited to share this recipe with you! I can't believe I haven't already since it's a fave of mine. Why is it a favorite? Well every gal loves a quick and easy recipe, right? This recipe is both of those plus it's tasty which turns it from just convenient to AWESOME.
I wish I could say I was the mastermind of this fab pizza pie but I'm not. I am, however, the "tweaker". I have a tendency to take a recipe and pitch what I don't like while adding what I do. That's one of the many things I love about a recipe like this---it's flexible enough to be what you want it to be. Just like my bacon ranch chicken subs! Take away the ranch, add some honey mustard and bell peppers and you've got yourself a whole new sandwich! Easy recipes like these help me get a hot meal on the table without breaking  a sweat, all the while making Hubby think I am Super Woman. And Ladies, isn't that what it's all about? ha!

To make White Chicken Pizza, it goes a little something like this....
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Pre-minced garlic
1 Pre-made pizza crust (typically found in the Italian section; I use Mama Mary's whole wheat thin crust)
Mozzerella or Parmesan cheese (freshly grated if you do Parmesan)
Pre-cooked chicken strips (usually used for salads or wraps)
Basil

Melt butter in sauce pan along with the olive oil. Once melted, add garlic and cook for up to 1 minute being careful not to burn the garlic. The point is to soften it, not blacken it. Ask me how I know! ;-) Lay pizza crust on a pizza stone or baking sheet. Spread the butter/olive/garlic mixture on the pizza crust then sprinkle with cheese. Shred the chicken into smaller pieces and sprinkle on top of cheese followed by more cheese then sprinkle basil on top of that. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Voila! It is literally that simple. Serve it with some fresh veggies or fruit (to make up for all of the cheese) and you've got a delicious, easy meal. I made this tonight and served it with fresh tomatoes that I bought at the local farmers market yesterday morning. Delish!



Let's get a close up of those beautiful tomatoes, shall we?


Deep red and superbly scrumptious!
What are some go-to easy meals that you treasure? Feel free to share the recipes!:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment