Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Nail Polish Palooza

I've been on a bit of a blogging break (I say "bit" like it's been a few days as opposed to a few months...ahem) but for good reason! I don't know if you have noticed or not but this year seems to be the year of the nail polish. Sooooo many AMAZING colors and brands to try. That's just what I've been doing. Trying them out! I'm normally not a paint-your-nails-kind-of-girl because the outcome usually looks like a 5 year old did it (and quite frankly a 5 year old could probably do better) but even I can't resist giving these hughes a go! I think this may even change my outlook on the cosmetic from here on out. Here a few reasons why I am digging this fashion trend:

1. It's an easy update to your style. Within a few minutes (and a bit of practice), you can go from blah to b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!
2. Nail polish fits into any budget. Whether you are a high roller or pinching those pennies, nail polish is something any gal can afford! I love a fancy schmancy brand just like any girl (speaking of-check out my next post) but have found that there are some great colors out there at an even better price! I'm talking 79 cents, People! NYC brand is a new favorite of mine because they stay up to date with the styles + often have coupons that make staying in fashion a no brainer!
3. Any thing goes! Seriously, I am seeing colors ranging from pastels to neons. Not only are colors are a free for all but so are designs! And have ya'll seen the nail polish ideas on Pinterest? INSANE. I am dying to get my hands on a nail polish pen or those Sally Hansen nail strips. So go ahead! Try that glittery, fire engine red that has caught your eye! Take that neon yellow for a test drive!

A color that I have been rocking lately (ok, maybe not so much "rock" as "wear") is Loreal's "Now You SEA Me." At my job, I am basically in a uniform so any chance to express my personality and style is an opportunity I take! This color lets me do just that and has already brought some compliments my way. I don't know about you but I will take a compliment any day! Gives me confidence like maybe I can use the word "rock" and get away with it....



What do you think? Oooh & aaah OR blah?
What are some colors, brands, or techniques that you've been loving? Ever try those nail strips??? Wanna be my guinea pig and give them a try for me? ;-)


I have something so fun to share with you tomorrow so be sure to stop by! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment