Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mom's B-Day

Today is my mom's birthday and I was so blessed to get spend time with her. Work wasn't on my schedule today which was so cool because I honestly didn't plan that. God wanted us to having some bonding time! :-)

Our day started early by visiting a store or two but then we headed to our dreamland....that's right, Ladies (and Gents? Doubt it.) Hobby Lobby (cue the Hallelujah chorus). Mom is currently working on what she likes to call her mom cave. One day she saw ideas for "Mom Caves" and she has been hooked since. So Hobby Lobby being a place of complete inspiration, we thought it was only appropriate that we visit. It's such a happy place! Great deals, adorable items, and beautiful hymns playing in the background. Add in a good cash allowance (thanks Hubby!) and great company (i.e. Mom) and I believe that's called a GOOD TIME. After leaving with some gifts for Mom and some ideas for me, we went to lunch at a faboo place called Shallo's. It's a local place that recycles doors, windows, and anything really to decorate. Shallo's = yummy! Especially because they have homemade potato chips served with ranch. Now if that doesn't sound good, I don't know what does.

We had so much fun laughing and talking! I am truly one blessed gal to have such an amazing mom. I keep typing about her then deleting it because a) I start crying then mess up my typing AND b) I could go on for ever and won't do that to you. :-)

Not so great camera phone picture of my more than amazing mother at Shallo's! Isn't she adorable? :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love Shallo's! Those chips are amazing!! I think I only went there twice, but I will remember that yummy ranch forever:)

    ReplyDelete