Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Gal Pals, Guitars, and Gut Busters!

I'll be honest with you....today is one of those days. You know what I'm talking about. A day where all you want to do is hide under your covers and raise up a white flag shouting, "Ok Monday. You defeated me. Now leave me alone." Nothing of major consequence happened (beyond a follow up to the dentist). Thankfully I have a lot of fun memories from this weekend to get me through this gloomy day.

Friday I had lunch with a few of my favorite gal pals at Panera Bread {yummy!}. We were there for 3 hours and probably could have lasted another 3 to be quite honest. Our husbands don't get how we can just sit and talk for that long! haha


Although my friend and fellow blogger, Ashley, couldn't make it, her adorable Andrew did along with his cutie cousin, Braden, in the back! 



(L-R) Amber, Chrystal, and yours truly. <3 These girls!



Later that evening I got to hang out with my hubby (cue the happy dance!). We kind of floated from store to store but spent some precious time at the guitar store. Have I mentioned my husband is an amazing,  self-taught, rock star in hiding? He is awesome. I love hearing him play!!
Add caption
On Sunday, the Who-sers played the What-sers in the Super Bowl. Clearly being an expert on this years teams, I headed out to my in-laws with Eric to watch the game but fiiiiiiirst...............a stop to White Castle was made and this is what Hubby brought back to the car......
Yep, a 30 pack Crave Case (sigh)
Eric, smiling ear to ear, made me hold onto this box of greasy gut busters like it was the Crown jewel. He actually was petting it and talking to the cardboard case holding a future heart attack. He suggested I use it as a briefcase for work. Silly husband! haha With crave case in hand, we arrived at the in laws ready to watch some football and chow down on some awesome food Eric's step-mom made!....oh yeah.....and those square little burgers.

Yes, today may be one of those days but at least I had one of those weekends that help me get through the drudgery of a cloudy, cold Monday.

What did you do this weekend? How did you celebrate the Super Bowl? :-)

1 comment: