Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Re-Cap

In years past, February 14th was a bittersweet day for me. I had the love of my God, my family, and my friends but never the love of that special someone.

Last year, I had my first good Valentine's day. I had Eric and in a few months we were going to be married! LOVE WAS IN THE AIR!

This year, we celebrated our first Valentine's as man & wife so I wanted to go all out! Not with fancy gifts or a lavish evening but with sweet, sentimental symbols of my love and appreciation for our relationship. I always want Hubby to know how much I love him but this month I wanted him to really know! So on Day 1 of this month, I gave him a little paper heart listing a reason why I love him oh so much! Day 2, he received another heart. And so on and so forth. Yep! He is getting a paper heart every day of this month which will hopefully give him a little glimpse into my heart and affection for him. {So sappy, I know!}

But that's not all, Folks! Yesterday, when he came home, he was given a treasure map of our house that led to different clues and ultimately to my heart. Eric LOVED it! For dinner we were originally going to go to.....{cringe} White Castle. Yeah......a BIG dream of his. Moving on. Instead, we opted for a quiet dinner at home. I made a simple meal of spaghetti and meatballs, salad, and breadsticks. We enjoyed a candlelight dinner and finished it off with strawberry cupcakes, rice krispy treat hearts (chocolate dipped), and chocolate covered strawberries! Mmmmmmmm! Nothing too fancy but what made it special was the time we were able to spend together.

Eric got me some beautiful flowers, a box full of fudge (he knows me all too well), an amazingly sweet card and some money to buy some new clothes! Woohoo!!! Seriously, I'm one blessed girl. :) What did Lovah Boy get? A block oxide Leatherman Supertool 300.

Photo: knivesplus.com
His new toy!! Soooo romantic! ha

I loved this Valentine's Day and I am so looking forward to spending  future February 14th's with the man that makes me weak in the knees. <3
Strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and topped with "Love Birds"
I had a GREAT Valentine's! How did you celebrate this lovey dovey holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment