Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Through the Eyes Of Christ

At my job, I have the opportunity to people watch. I've always loved doing this! People are all different and all interesting, even if on the surface they seem otherwise. You really learn a lot about people just by simply watching them. One thing I've learned through these times of observation is that I am too quick to judge people. I may not share those judgments but they are there just the same. Whether I assist the customer or not, I think all sorts of things. Plenty of my thoughts are solely my noticing they seem nice or that they have good taste in handbags but just as often I am thinking....well maybe things I shouldn't. One day it hit me, "How does Christ see these people?" He see's their souls and need for Him. He loves them. Regardless of their messy hair or poor manners, He loves them. I don't mean to sound rude by saying "poor manners" but when you've worked in retail as long as I have, you see a lot of that! I want to see people as Christ see's them. I want to have love in my heart......sometimes a smile and friendly, positive attitude can mean the world to someone. And through that, the gospel seed might be planted. Isn't that what it's all about anyway? Souls. So that is what's on my heart. Seeing souls, instead of faces. Seeing people as my Savior see's them.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, Anna! That is something the Lord has really been working on in my life as well. I really want to have a heart for people.

    P.S. It was good to see you Tuesday! Seriously...girls night needs to happen soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for you, Ash! Aaaaaand agreed! Girls Night. NECESSARY. Soon!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete