Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Blizzard Preparation 101

Living up in Indiana, it's not uncommon to experience some down right icky winter time weather. It's also not uncommon for the news stations to hype up the forecast  and then the whole of the state freaks out (i.e. nearly punching eachother out for the last thing of bread or milk)......only to experience just a dusting of snow. While I did go to the grocery, I only went because I had almost nothing in my cabinets and actually needed bread and milk. The storm has just now started. I'm not sure what to expect. But let me share with you how I prepared for this blizzard:
1. Took pictures pre-storm.

2. Got my hair did.
3. Went shopping.
4. After unloading the groceries, I went to a craft store....because you know....that's a priority when 8 inches of snow and 2 inches of ice is coming your way. Here is the result of my craft store visit. Gotta love 50% off at Hobby Lobby!
One day that painters tape will be gone! haha I had a lot of this stuff already but the L-OV-E blocks are new. So fun! Just looking for something snazzy to put in the big one in the back. Any ideas???? I keep going to candy but I want to try something different.

Got these last year at Hobby Lobby (50% off). Love 'em? Me too. And they still have them this year!

How sweet. I love these and can't wait to make some yummy cup cakes and muffins!
5. Cleaned. Boring sooooo next!
6. Mani-pedi time!
I prepped with a bubble bath first which was wonderful but not really picture or blog appropriate. :-)
7. Got in super cozy pj's and tried a new FABOOOOOOOOOOO snack. Popcorn Indiana (made in New Jersey....go figure) dark chocolate covered popcorn = yummo.
Delish!
8. Pulled out my all time favorite movie, got my snack, and enjoyed some me time.
Pride & Prejudice and popcorn. Mmmmm.
SO if you have an impending storm coming your way, follow my steps. You'll be just fine!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. well, we aren't having a blizzard, but I totally want to follow your steps! It sounds deeeeelightful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS delightful. I highly recommend this preparation for any impending storm or hectic time in a ladies life. :-)

    ReplyDelete