Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

April 10th, 2010

April 10th, 2010 was the most special day of my entire life. On that day, I married my best friend. I never imagined I could love one person so much and love them more & more each day. But I do. This past year has been the most amazing of my existence. I have learned a lot about myself, my husband, my family and friends and my Lord. There have been bumps in the road but only the natural kind that most overcome and soon forget. When I think over this past year, what comes to my mind is waking up in my husbands arms, long conversations over dreams and goals, countless hours of laughter, happy tears, bonding, praying together, and so much more! Honestly, such a wonderful life is not something I feel I deserve but somehow the Lord saw fit to bless me beyond my wildest dreams. Eric means so much to me and is so good to me. I just pray I can be a worthy help meet. One that continually strives to be a Proverbs 31 woman (even though failure is a daily occurence), honoring God and blessing her husband. Although this year has been one of complete happiness, I must admit! I can hardly wait for each year that passes. Each year where Eric and I can grow closer and closer to eachother and to God.

And last but not least, some more of our songs. Some are from the wedding and some are just ours. Enjoy!
"Be Thou My Vision" (not this exact version) was played during our prayer together
"Dawn" was played before the ceremony. It's from Pride and Prejudice, my all-time favorite movie and book!
"Can't Help Falling In Love" by Elvis Presley was played during our first dance. <3
"For Ever and Ever Amen" by Randy Travis. Eric sings this song to me all the time...but kind of in a corny, silly country twang. I'll take what I can get. haha
"Higher & Higher" by Jackie Wilson
"Just You And Me" by Chicago. Another song Eric sings to me!
"I Can't Help Myself" by The Four Tops...what can I say?  We like to kick it old school!
"At Last" by Etta James....this song kind of sums it up! "My lonely days are over and life is like a song!"
"You're My Everything" by The Temptations...yet another one Eric sings to me. I'm a lucky girl!
"Your Precious Love" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell

Those are just a few! How long have you been with your special someone? Do you two have any songs that you call "ours"?
P.S. Non-sappy, mushy gushy, lovey dovey posts soon to come! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment