Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Big Blessings, Part 1

Our song #3

One particular nightmare used to haunt my dreams for years, even before meeting Eric. It would mutate within each dream but the theme was always the same: I was completely alone and helpless on my wedding day. I would envision looking awful, people were ignoring me, I was rushing till the last minute......I thank God that wasn't my reality!!!


I posted about how my wedding binder was my lifesaver here but that wasn't my only lifesaver. I had so many people who came in and helped me with the big day!


Mom & Dad
My mom and Dad were so amazing through the whole experience!!! They came up with stunning ideas, ran errands for me, bought me an amazing dress, made the day possible with our church and reception hall, got DELICIOUS food for the reception, and so, so, so much more! Probably more than I even know. They were beyond wonderful! And more than that, they have been the best parents a girl could ask for. They have loved me unconditionally, encouraged me, prayed for me, sacrificed for me, provided for me, laughed with me, cried with me, and given me a great example of how a marriage works! This year in September they will be married 35 years! I love them soooooooooooo much!


Dawn,  Eric's mom.
Dawn was such an enouragement to me by helping me get family's information to send out invitations and by letting me know she loved me and was praying for me!!! Prayer is so important and I was so grateful I had her there supporting Eric and I. Dawn helped pick out the ring bearer's outfit and even brought him out all the way from Ohio to be there for the rehearsal. She lives out of state so it can be hard to get together sometimes but she has been a huge blessing in my life! I count myself lucky every day to have her as my mother-in-law!  I love her to death!


Kathy, Eric's step-mom, and Don, Eric's dad
Eric's dad and step-mom were such a big help as well! Everything from Don being the dj at the wedding, to helping me find relative's info, to planning an amazing rehearsal dinner!!! I could not have asked for a better rehearsal dinner night. Everything was color coordinated to our wedding colors, they had candy with raspberry because that's "our fruit", they made a sweet photo montage and just really knocked themselves out (in every possible way) in helping us and making the night special. I really do love and appreciate them! Again, I'm a lucky girl. I have great in-laws!  Oh! And they had this cake made just for Eric! haha

He loves the Bengals and the Reds!

Hannah, Dominic, and Melissa
Did I mention I was a blessed and lucky girl? Because I am! Missy (as I call her) and her hubby, Dominic, truly went above and beyond for our wedding day. At Thanksgiving when asking details about the wedding, the topic of the cake came up. I said I didn't know where we were going to get it and all of a sudden Dominic pipes up, "Hey! Let us buy your cake for you!" Of course Eric and I said, "Oh no! Really. Thank you but that's too much." but they insisted! In case you didn't know, wedding cakes are expensive. I'm talking $$$$$!  That was such a blessing to us! Then to top that off, Missy and her sister, Libby (again, a nickname) held the most beautiful bridal shower for me! They went all out with every single detail. I felt so overwhelmed with love that day. I still do. It was sooooo special! Oh! And get this! Missy and Dominic let me have their beautiful daughter, Hannah, be my flower girl! Hannah looked AMAZING and acted like such a perfect, little lady. It was so fun to have Hannah involved in the big day!

There were many more people that helped make our day special but you will have to wait till my next post to read all about those fantastic friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment