Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Seventh Generation

Have you ever stopped to read what is in some of your household cleaning products?? Try it some time. It will shock you especially if you read into the effects of some of the listed chemicals. I mentioned a while ago how I am reading a book called, "A Complete Idiots Guide to Green Cleaning." This book has really opened my eyes to some of the long term effects of the products I use. Now, in an ideal world, I would be able to make my own homemade soaps and cleaners, grow my own organic garden, and make my own clothes......but let's face it! An ideal world is not what I ,or many people I know, are living in. So it's nice to know that companies like Seventh Generation have my back!

Photo: http://www.seventhgeneration.com/
I really L-O-V-E this company! I mean, check out their mission statement:
                          

"To inspire a more conscious and sustainable world by being an authentic force for positive change."

That's the kind of person I want to be and the kind of products I want to use! They are really open about the products they have and how they operate. Such frankness is really appreciated in a day and age where literal toxins are hidden by friendlier, less threatening terms. And a big plus!!! COUPONS!!! I've said it before and I will say it again--I love a good coupon! And it's so easy! You can actually just go to their site and, like everything else they do, it's right there in the open. No digging around on the site to find the good stuff. Finding coupons on natural or organic products can sometimes be difficult so I count my blessings when I can find them! Seventh Generation is reasonably priced too so that also helps in my efforts of being more green and providing a healthier environment in my own home.
My current fave product?? Their Lemongrass & Clementine Zest dishwashing liquid. It smells so good and really does an A++ job of getting my dishes clean!
 
Two things I would encourage you to do: 1. Read the labels on your current products and research the effects. 2. Try Seventh Generation! You will be glad you did....especially after completing step 1!
 
What are some products you have tried lately that are both good for you and the environment?
 
*Seventh Generation did not compensate me for mentioning them. They have no idea who I am. But I love their products so I'm going to blog about them anyway! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I have switched to more natural cleaners since Andrew was born, and I love them! I will have to try Seventh Generation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! :-) Yeah, they are awesome. I am sure you will love them. Let me know which cleaners you find! :-)

    ReplyDelete