Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Man

This is the face of the man I love.
He doesn't just make my heart go pitter-patter, it goes deeper than that.He makes me so happy that I could burst! He makes my heart smile. He makes me laugh so hard that I cry. He makes me think and gain new perspectives on what matters most. He encourages and uplifts. HE GETS ME!! I make sense to him. He is my perfect fit. He is like that missing piece to my puzzle. I could live off of his hugs alone....don't even get me started on his kisses. ;-) He takes care of me in a way that I can't even understand. He works hard so that we don't have to go without. He is everything I ever wanted and more. He is literally my dream come true! He is my day to day delight!
But there was a day that I never thought I'd meet my dream come true. As each year passed and I remained alone, I suffered. I cried out to God, not understanding why He would have me wait. I know I'm not old and that many marry later in life than I did but boy! Did it feel like an eternity! I didn't want to but I began to feel like I was losing hope. I occupied myself with family, friends, church, and work but all the while I would be thinking that it would be nice to share this with someone. I used to cry to my friend, Amber, all the time. I confided that the loneliness hurt so bad I could feel it and that I thought no one would come along. She constantly encouraged me and let me know that God had a plan for me. She was right (as usual! ;-) )The day I met Eric changed my life! And my life is still changing because of him. He edifies and I feel like I become a better person because I know him. I call him my super hero because he saved my happily ever after! God knows His children, their wants and needs. I'm no exception. I just had to wait on HIM and His timing because it truly is perfect! I look back now and realize that although I wanted to be in a relationship years ago, I wasn't where God wanted me to be yet. If I had tried to make my timing work it would have failed and I would have had more heartache than before! GOD IS GOOD and I am so grateful for my man that He has given me. I love him so much and could not imagine a day without him. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment