Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Where is my thankfulness? Where is yours?

I am not posting this because we are getting closer to Thanksgiving but rather because it was simply on my heart.
I work in retail. I deal with the public. Every. Single. Day. Enough said. :-) Yesterday at work, as I was making myself try to think positively and be grateful, I thought, "Why shouldn't I be grateful? I have a job which is more than a lot of Americans right now. I have clothes, I have food, shelter, a car that runs, shoes on my feet, a husband that loves and respects me, a family that is amazing, friends that are beyond this world, a wonderful church, and even better than all of those things: God. Who loved me enough to send His only Son to pay for MY sins on the cross! He supplies all of my needs and satisfies my heart far beyond what I ever deserve. All of what I have comes from HIM!"
Ah, peace and joy started pouring in. Once again, God was knocking on my heart, showing me where I needed to change, and blessing me through the process. Think of it! Even when we can be wrong, He still blesses us!!! AMAZING. He helped bring the attention off of myself and back to Him. Where it belongs. Before that leading of the Holy Spirit, I was frowning and grumpy. After that, I was smiling. Happy. THANKFUL. It led me to think of why so many people I encounter seem so unhappy, unsatisfied, and ungrateful. Remember, I deal with people all day long. All types of people. I am not trying to be negative about the general public. Just telling you what I see daily. And more times than not what I observe is unthankful hearts. I think people (me included) can pull too much attention onto themselves. Everything is about them including, in their minds, what they have. Because of that attitude they have no one to be grateful to. I mean, if they did it all themselves then why would they say, "Thank you!" ???? People need to redirect their focus to God instead of themselves. Imagine if they look to God, instead of their own works, they have someone to give thanks to. I am not trying to be "preachy" or to discredit that people work hard and in turn \ have nice things but to me, any way I look at it, that still goes all back to God. He gave the abilities, the opportunities, and the resources. I have found and observed that when thanks is given to Him, He gives back 10 fold. The material things are appreciated but not the focus. It's like the old hymn that says, :
"Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.

PSALM 9:1-2
1. "I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.
2." I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High."

Again, that was just on my heart and I had to share. What are you thankful for? Would you like to share what God has done in your life recently? Please do! I've love to know! :-)

****Stay tuned because I have some fun posts coming up this week!****

No comments:

Post a Comment