Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Looks I am Loving

Hello!! Hope you all had a great fourth! I was actually able to leave work early and spent a GREAT evening with my family. It fed my soul....good food, Hubs & my uncle jamming out together on their guitars, and tons of laughter! And of course, pigging out on Oreo cookie pops. Yum! Now on to some fashion!

This is definitely a summer of great fashion trends. From neons to beachy waves, here are a few of my fave's. P.S. Did not mean to have that rhyme.



via
Maxi skirts are so great for summer! On top of being supremely fashionable, they are also modest and not limited to any one specific design. You can find them in any myriad of prints or colors! I only wish I saw more reality tv stars wearing these. Seriously, Ladies! It is ok to wear more than 6 inches of fabric on your chemically preserved bod's! #randomrant

via
                                 
The Hunger Games have to be the inspiration for this latest craze! Katniss Everdeen-ish braids are EVERYWHERE! Like the maxi skirt, this trend is almost limitless in options. Twist a braid into a bun or have one simply pinned to the side. The only bummer is that I am not skilled in the art of hair ornamentation and have to stick with simply pinning a braid here or there. Even after countless views of Youtube tutorials, I still can't conquer the coveted "waterfall french braid." Any tips???



via
If you know me at all, you know I am a girl that loves her accessories! What a lucky time to be me because this season is jam packed with so many options. I adore a great statement piece because it can morph a so-so outfit into a so awesome ensemble. A chunky necklace can completely transform a look! Another plus is that you can hold on to some staple pieces from your closet throughout the years but make them current with the addition of earrings, bracelets, or rings helping you feel like a fashionista without breaking the bank.

These are just a few trends that make my heart skip a beat. So tell me, what has been floating your boat lately and how do you make these trends work for you? Until next time, HUGS AND KISSES!

No comments:

Post a Comment