Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Skinny Girl Trapped: Baby Steps


This is a post I have really debated on writing. I may regret it but I am hoping that I grow from it instead. I admit now that I am will hold back in the beginning of all this.....I probably won't spill my beans about this topic in it's entirety until I begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel. By doing that I am going into to self-protect mode AND I am sparing you, my readers, a hysterical mess of a woman. :-)

I have always felt, especially as of late, that I am a skinny girl trapped in a fat girls body. Many things have contributed to this thinking but those are more for my "light at the end of the tunnel" days. ;-) So here I am at a place in my life that I want to run far, far, FARRRR away from. But I can't really run until I begin to take those baby steps. So I am.....one itty, bitty step at a time. My first step?

I did my research and made a plan by using these sources as my guide.

JAMIE EASON'S LIVE FIT TRAINER

He and She Eat Clean

Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet

I stumbled onto Jamie Eason's info one day while randomly web-browsing during a down time at work. I read it. It made sense. And then I thought I was crazy. "This chick wants me to lift weights? Eat 6 meals a day? Is she insane?.....Or am I because I am actually considering doing this?"  I may have been crazy but it's one of those rare times that crazy works. From there I found He and She Eat Clean which led to the Eat Clean Diet. I'm no pro, I have TONS much more to accomplish but here are some changes I have seen just from doing this for a few weeks:

1. I have shed some pounds. Whoot, whoot!
2. My hypoglycemia is under control. This is a big one! I am sick of my blood sugar dropping and interrupting my life.
3. I feel kind of...awesome! I ate some "healthy" fast food the other day, kind of last minute and unplanned. (Bad, Anna! BAD!) Although "healthy", I knew it didn't follow my guidelines and I felt so sick! My body was like, "Ew! ANNA! What are you doing to me??" That was such a big sign to me that eating clean was right for me!

I also realized that this is not a diet. It is a lifestyle. So much changes (naturally and by choice) once you intro these concepts into your day to day life.

Again, I am no-pro. I have much to learn and it will be a long road ahead. I'm still a skinny girl trapped....well more like a skinny girl that is trapped but was given some water and bread and is now surviving, planning her day of escape and revenge. Encourage her, tell her she can do it. Just don't bake her a cake with a file to break out because she will eat it. The cake. Not the file. :-)

Phew! I feel better. I put it out there. I am going to try to update "Skinny Girl Trapped" at least once a week so if you want to lose weight or just plain feel better, be sure to check out my blog!

Have you tried any of these plans? What other options have you tried? Whatever your goal, just keep your head up! You can do this! UNTIL NEXT TIME, HUGS AND KISSES...


No comments:

Post a Comment