Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Birch Box: July 2012

It's my favorite time of the month...my Birch Box was waiting in my mail box today. YIPEE!  If you are wondering what happened to a post about my June box and all of the goodies within....well yeah. Me too. I must have inhaled too many fumes from my recent nail polish obsession and spaced it. Sorry, Kiddos. Hopefully you will forgive me and just soak in the gloriousness of this month's arrival.

I am honestly super stoked about this month! The folks at Birch Box chose a great theme for July: The 5 Senses of Summer!! All of the items are directly sensory related. Go ahead, take a peek!




edited via, via
The 5 Senses of Summer
 This is such a fantastic theme because summer is truly a season that is jam packed with things that stir the senses. We see the bright sun, smell the fresh flowers, taste the sweet flavors, feel the grass beneath our feet, and we hear birds chirping in the trees. The five senses are also covered in this month's box.


edited via, via
1. Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint This little gem falls into the category of touch, I believe. It makes your skin feel "natural" and "dewy" while still providing coverage. I tested a little spot on my hand and this product definitely does what it claims.

2. Oscar de la Renta Live in Love Perfume Live in Love obviously covers the smelling sense. And may I just say it covers it beautifully? This epitomizes a perfume to me. I don't think I would have initally chosen this scent myself but the more I am wearing it, the more I am enjoying it.

3. Larabar Uber Bar I love a good granola type bar and I also love Larabar brand so I was a happy girl when I discovered this in my box. This bar is the Cherry Cobbler flavor and packed full of flavor it is! This puppy is stuffed with goodness: cherries, nuts, and other natural awesome treasures. Taste sensation covered? CHECK!

4. Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Olive One thing I love about Birch Box is that they introduce the consumer to cosmetic companies and their products. I, myself, have never heard of Eyeko but now I am so glad I am acquainted. Eyeliner is one of my signature pieces in my make-up bag but I typically go for a gel liner. I may not after trying out this baby, though. It is so easy to use, the color is very strong, and it dries quickly (i.e. no smudging). UPDATE: I have used this the last few days and I. AM. OBSESSED. It is amazing and lasts all day. L-O-V-E.

5. Earbuds...This was an unexpected treat! For the sense of hearing, they sent hot pink and green ear buds along with a link to find some great playlists. I am so excited to use these at the gym!!

6. Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens I have mentioned before that I am a girl with skin issues so when I saw these blotting linens I was pretty stoked. I hate the middle-of-the-day-attack-of-oily-skin. This has always been a bothersome issue with me so I can't wait to try these out and see if they help beat that shine that tends to consume my face come 3 o'clock. I'm not the only one with this problem, right?!?  Just realized, this is a 6th item....maybe it ties in with touch?? If you're smarter than me and have a clue, let me know.

You all know I love great beauty products and this month's box did not disappoint. The only downside is that I can hardly wait till next month!!

Are you a Birch Box fanatic like yours truly? What looks like the best product this month?? Until next time, HUGS AND KISSES....

No comments:

Post a Comment