Life's great journey is made up of day by day delights.

Monday, July 23, 2012

No Sew Pillow Cover

Happy Monday, Everyone!! Normally this is my Color of the Week day but the product I used today was such a nightmare I couldn't dare show you. Worry not! A fab new shade should be popping up here on the ol' blog in a few days. In the meantime, feast your eyes on this! KA-POW!


You might remember the pillows to your left from this post. Yep, the pillows on the right are the very same. I loved the fact that I found these for only 50 cents but I did not love the colors. Correction, I liked the colors just not the material. Crapalicious but I can't complain when I practically paid nothing.  So I set out to Hobby Lobby, armed with a 40% off coupon, for something different. Tons of options were at my disposal but I chose a simple, gray jersey. Jersey is fantastic because it is so soft and comfy (perfect for a pillow, don't ya' think?) AND it doesn't fray which was even better for what I had in mind. Not a natural with a needle or sewing machine I am always drawn to making it appear that I am otherwise. An optical illusion, if you will. Once I had the material in hand I honestly had no clue how I was going to cover these. I google'd it, I youtube'd it but all to no avail. Finally, this morning, I had had it! I wanted to start (and finish) this project of mine. I went in blindly, totally wingin' it, but came out super happy with the end result. Let me tell ya', if I can do this so can you! Just follow these easy steps. :-)



I recommend jersey material because of it's versatility.
This becomes your cord to tie the ends.




At this point, have the side of the fabric you want showing facing upward.












I love these little velcro stickers! They come in very handy for a variety of projects.


I did sew a little here....I know, I know. The title says "no sew." You can totally skip this step. I did this on only one pillow because of my aversion to a needle and thread. From here on out hot glue is the way for me! ;-)


LAST STEP: HAVE FUN!!! I shopped my house and used spare ribbon and leftover scraps of fabric to make little rosettes. Bling the pillows out to whatever your taste might be! I just put thin lines of hot glue over the "hem", placed a ribbon over and went from there but you can do it completely different if you want to which is what makes a project like this wonderful! :-)
All in all, I am pretty happy with these! I paid around $8 for this project (pillows + fabric) because I had most of it already. I have a few flowers left which I am itching to use. Maybe they will make an appearance soon?? ;-)

Was this tutorial helpful? What is a go-to method you use to give an optical illusion? Until next time, HUGS AND KISSES....

No comments:

Post a Comment